JLS FANS

te by making 12 of 18 shots in the third quarter, including 6 of

#1 by sakura698 , Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:52 am

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Motor Speedway officially opened for the month of May with a chaotic road course race that started with a wreck, saw Canadian James Hinchliffe and the mayor of the city injured by flying debris, and, finally, Simon Pagenaud celebrate a fuel-mileage victory. B. J. Surhoff Jersey . Pagenaud won the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis on Saturday, the first IndyCar Series race on IMS road course, by stretching his fuel the final 29 laps. The Frenchman was one of several drivers to gamble on gas, and he took the lead when Oriol Servia had to stop with four laps remaining. Pagenaud managed to make it to the finish for his third series victory despite having to keep an eye on his mirrors. Ryan Hunter-Reay was second and Helio Castroneves third on his 39th birthday. "Man I didnt know what we were asking for, but we made fuel," Pagenaud said in Victory Lane. "The fuel saving was amazing. It was nerve-wracking. I was worried about RHR coming back, and I didnt know what Helio was doing here. I dont like racing off throttle." Sebastien Bourdais and Charlie Kimball rounded out the top five. Hinchcliffe, of Oakville, Ont., was taken from the track on a stretcher and transported to a hospital, where he was diagnosed with a concussion after he was hit in the head with debris. A replay appeared to show debris from a car in front of him flew into his cockpit following a restart. IndyCar said hell have to be re-evaluated before hes cleared again to drive. Preparations begin Sunday for the Indianapolis 500, with qualifying scheduled to begin next Saturday for the May 25 race. IndyCar policy in the past has been to hold a driver with a concussion out of the car a minimum of seven days. Andretti Autosport said EJ Viso will be the standby driver for Hinchcliffe. "Im a little stiff and sore and Id love to be back in the car tomorrow, but I suppose I should probably let the doctors make that decision," Hinchcliffe said in a statement. Hunter-Reay said he drove by Hinchcliffes car and couldnt figure out what happened. "I was actually next to him on track and all of a sudden debris went everywhere and he slowed up," Hunter-Reay said about his teammate. "It was something that happened in front of him and he was hit." The race began with a violent wreck when pole-sitter Sebastian Saavedra stalled on the standing start. He was hit by multiple cars, and debris struck Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard as he waved the green flag. Saavedras car simply didnt go when the lights went out and, after Hunter-Reay frantically darted around him, Saavedra was clipped by Carlos Munoz and then hit hard from behind by Mikhail Aleshin. "We just followed protocol at the start," Saavedra said. "As soon as I released the clutch, it went from 11,000 rpm to zero. This should not have happened, unfortunately." The initial hit from Munoz didnt seem too bad, but Aleshins direct hit sprayed debris all over the track, sending spectators and track workers standing along the wall scrambling for cover. Saavedra was seen in his cockpit with his arms in the air anticipating a potential collision as cars tried to weave their way around his stalled KV Racing car. He was visibly upset after the accident as he talked to his team on his pit stand. He had won the first pole of his career -- in part because Hunter-Reay had his two fastest laps disallowed for causing a caution in Fridays qualifying -- and was looking for a strong finish at the famed race track. "Man, we had an opportunity to be at the front of the pack in this amazing place. We wanted to bring it home in the same place," he said. "To not even get a chance because of a freaking electrical thing ..." It had many drivers complaining about the standing starts, which have been problematic since IndyCar began using them at some tracks last season. The incident damaged several cars one day before teams begin practice for the May 25 Indianapolis 500. "I think IndyCar has had like two good standing starts since we started them last year," said driver/owner Ed Carpenter, who saw Mike Conway have to take his car to the garage for repairs after the accident. "Havent been a fan, still not a fan." Drivers also grumbled about the way race control was restarting the races, with the leader having to use a late restart zone. Graham Rahal said he was victimized when he was run into from behind by Juan Pablo Montoya. "These restarts are pretty stupid. You cant see back there because the rear wings are so big, and the officials, we need to work with them to try to change this because theres going to be a lot of accidents," Rahal said. "I said the restart before, I said to my dad, Somebodys going to get hurt out here because you cant see. "They need to let the leader go earlier. Right now, the way it is, theyre trying to be like NASACAR and this isnt NASCAR. We cant just bump-draft each other." Reggie Jackson Jersey . "I wasnt waving the pom-poms to be involved with it to start with," Carlyle said after a 5-2 win over Carolina on Sunday night. "Its been a trying time. "Specifically we havent played as well as wed like to hang our hat on. Dick Williams Jersey . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. https://www.cheaporioles.com/298i-roberto-alomar-jersey-orioles.html . "Theyve been good against everybody," he said. Carlos Gomez launched a three-run homer and Matt Garza battled into the seventh inning for his first win in four starts to help the Brewers continue their mastery of the Rockies with a 7-4 victory Saturday.NEW YORK -- No 62-point game for Carmelo Anthony on Sunday. He didnt even match his first-half total from Friday night. He didnt have to, with the Knicks offering him plenty of support for a change. Anthony scored 35 points, four teammates had at least 13, and New York beat the Los Angeles Lakers 110-103 on Sunday. "I dont think they just wanted to watch me out there playing offensively," Anthony said. "They wanted to be a part of it and they did." Anthony finished with two points fewer than he had at halftime of his record-setting night, but he scored six straight New York points down the stretch after the Lakers cut the Knicks lead to two with just over 5 minutes left. Raymond Felton scored a season-high 20 points, rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. had 18 and J.R. Smith 16 for the Knicks, who won their second straight following a five-game losing streak. Tyson Chandler had 13 points and 14 rebounds. "Hes a guy that, he just wants to win," Felton said about Anthony. "Sometimes he likes to take it on his shoulders, so we have to take some of that pressure off of him by hitting shots, by making plays offensively." Jodie Meeks scored 24 points for the Lakers, but he was shut out in the fourth quarter after scoring 16 in the third. Pau Gasol had 20 points and 13 rebounds as the Lakers dropped their fourth straight to finish 2-5 on their Grammy Awards road trip. "Can we turn it around? I think we will," Gasol said. "If we stick together, continue to work hard and get a couple of bodies back that are key, we can be a lot better and we can get much better results." Anthonys 62 points against Charlotte were a career high, most in the NBA this season and most at the current Madison Square Garden, one more than Kobe Bryant scored five years ago. Lakers coach Mike DAntoni, who coached Anthony in New York, said the key for the Lakers was to contain everyone else, knowing Anthony would score. They didnt. "Melo is going to do that against anyone. Thats what he does," DAntoni said. "Where they killed us was Hardaway was (4 for 5) for 3s and Felton didnt miss his shots. Branden Kline Jersey. We made some mistakes on guys on rotations and stuff." Bryant is still unable to play as he recovers from a broken left knee. He said he called to congratulate Anthony after Fridays game, and though he stressed his appreciation for MSG, said having the building record wasnt particularly important to him. He also noted that Anthony, who will become a free agent this summer, may have to tell the Knicks he wont settle for being on a non-contender, as Bryant did with the Lakers, and that the talent around him needed to be upgraded. It was good enough Sunday until Anthony took over. "Last year we had five guys that averaged in double figures and Ive always wanted a team where you just didnt know where it was going to come from," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. "And we know Melos going to get his, but we need everybody to be a part of the offence and touch the ball and feel good about themselves." He followed his own missed shot with 4:52 left, made a jumper and then scored on a drive that pushed the Knicks lead to 105-98 with 2:33 to play. Manny Harris scored a season-high 18 points for the Lakers, who stayed in it until late by making 12 of 18 shots in the third quarter, including 6 of 7 from behind the 3-point arc. But they gave up 21 second-chance points to lose despite shooting 52 per cent from the field. "It kind of oozed away. It wasnt one thing. It was a lot of little things," DAntoni said. The Lakers scored the final nine points of the first quarter, shooting 57 per cent in the period to lead 25-22. It was tied at 45 late in the second before Anthony made a 3-pointer and a jumper, and the Knicks led 51-47 at the break. Notes: Bryant is due to have his knee examined after the Lakers return to Los Angeles. He said he was anxious to do something besides ride the stationary bike. ... The Knicks still have home games remaining against Boston on Tuesday, Cleveland on Thursday and Miami on Saturday to finish their eight-game homestand. ' ' '

sakura698  
sakura698
Date registered 10.31.2019

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
wns, in a 35-3 win over Tennessee on Dec. 4, 2005.Denvers d

JLS FANS
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor